IGBO Launches ‘In Memoriam’ Tribute to Recently Passed Members
Members of the IGBO bowling family, past and present, who have recently died will be recognized by the International Gay Bowling Association (IGBO) with a special slide show tribute at the upcoming Midyear tournament in Oklahoma. This will be an annual feature of the event.
If members of the Windy City Pride and Chicago Pride leagues have names of friends they would like to have included, the membership committee is eager to receive them. Information needed includes:
- Full name (including nicknames).
- Hometown (at their time of death).
- IGBO league memberships, including if they held officer positions and when.
- IGBO tournaments they helped with and when.
- Any IGBO positions they held (league reps, regional and national posts), including dates and regions.
- Photograph, preferably solo, and in JPEG format.
Send the names of those you’d like included to email@example.com by Monday, Nov. 6 for this year’s presentation. Those received later will be included in next year’s presentation.
This project is separate from IGBO’s “No Names” project honoring members of the IGBO family who have been lost to HIV/AIDS. “In Memoriam” will be a tribute to those lost due to any cause, including HIV/AIDS.