Talk to Sally Hodge to learn more about IGBO’s fall Mail-In Tournament, which will be held over two consecutive weeks in October: Oct. 10 and 17.
IGBO (International Gay Bowlers Assn.) members from around the world participate, and Windy City Pride is often represented in the top scorers for the money. These have included Bill Brown, Rick Camacho, Tommy Leinweber and Nikki Roesner.
The best three of six scores during those two weeks of play are what count. All you have to do is pay – beforehand – and bowl (preferably well) to get in. Bowlers have the option of participating in the scratch and/or handicap categories. Entry fee for each is $10.
IGBO usually holds Mail-In Tournaments in the fall, spring and summer. They help raise funds for the IGBO annual conference and tournament set for May 23-28, 2018 in Denver.
- Open to any bowler bowling in an IGBO Member League or is an IGBO Associate.
- Entry & Payment MUST be received by the IGBO Rep prior to the start of bowling.
- Bowlers can ONLY enter once PER IGBO League bowled.
- Scores entered are SCRATCH scores bowled during regular league competition during the selected 2-week period for the league. Bowler’s highest 3 games of the 6 games shall be used in the tournament – PER LEAGUE. NOTE: if bowler is absent during league on dates selected, series shall be zero. NO post bowl or pre bowl permitted.
- ENTERING AVERAGE: Bowlers USBC 2016-17 composite book average, 21+ games; if no 2016-17 composite use 2017 summer league average, 21+ games; if no summer use current average of 15+ games for entering league. SECRETARY/IGBO Rep MUST submit league standings for bowlers using current average.
- Handicap shall be 90% of 225. Scratch entries will use scratch scores only.
- ONLY the first three games per night shall count if league bowls more than 3 games.
- League Secretary/Verifier should verify posted scratch scores and series total, and initial above to indicate scores have been verified.
- Payout ratio shall be at least 1 for each 8 entries. Estimated payout 1 st pays 15%, 2nd – 10%, 3 rd – 5% of prize fund. Handicap and Scratch entries will have Separate Prize Fund and Payout.